Sunday, January 7, 2007

Finally my plans are solid

Alright, so sorry I havent put up any pics of new years, I dont really have any good ones, so I'll have to get them from my friends sometime...
Anyways I have got a ticket BOOKED!! Im leaving Sydney on Jan 20th!!!! YAHHHHH Its works perfectly as the new nanny will be flying in that morning!
So yuour probally wondering what my final plan of action is....and belive me its alot better then fruit picking!
Me and Kevin will be flying 4 hours up the coast to a town called Gladstone, its an industrial town with not much to do ...but... then we will be getting on a catermeran for a 2 hour ride to here http://www.heronisland.com/. Heron Island is a72 arce resort Island. Its soo small that there is only the resort and a national wildlife park.
I found out about this job one week ago while reading a book about fruit picking/working in Australia. I applied oinline last wed and the hr lady phoned me on friday to set up a phone interview! I told her I was going to be traveling with a friend and she said no problem, ill interview him at the same time!
So Kev and I had to put off planning anything for a couple days, which was nice, to wait and see how the interview would go on Sunday. She rang my mobile at 930 and offered us both jobs by 945! I will be doing housekeeping, thank god for an 8-5 job and a break from kids!(no offense miss hairy eyeballer)Kevin also lucked out big time and will be bar tending and serving, which he really enjoys, so we are SET!
I still dont have too much information about it, but I will def keep you updated to how its going!
Hope everyone is having a great new year and is VERYYY jealous hahahaha!
luv ya
shawna

No comments: