Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Time to start savin my moolah...

I can not believe that i have been here for almost 6 months!!! CRAZZZY!!!! Time has just flown by, working soo much and staying out wayyy to late...Owell its been a fun ride so far!
Xmas turned out to be pretty alright (sorry jess and friends whom i drunkenly woke up at 5 and 7 !!(hahaha)I went out with my friend Ashley on Christmas eve, which is a very popular thing to do here as the pub we went to had about 1200 people there!The police even had to gate off the streets! But being xmas it closed at 1, so we were in bed nice and early, nice for a change!
The next morning I woke up to nothing christmasy, no tree, no stockings, no presents...owell we drank a cup of tea and listened to Christmas carols on the radio.
I hung out with Ashley till around noon then went to met Kevin at his hostel. I gave him his presents and we hung out till we decided to go find somewhere to eat. We wandered aimlessly for quite awhile then one of us (I do believe it was me) came up with the brilliant idea to go down and check out if anything was open down around the harbour, so we headed down there and it was packed with people. So for our Christmas day dinner Kevin has a steak and I had a burger...haha a little dif then a turkey dinner, but it was good!
So after that we headed back to the hostel and pretty much fell asleep on the couch's for a few hours. We woke up around 730 I think and the first thing Kevin said was "want some wine" haha so that started our long night of drinking goon!
So the next day was pretty much a write off as we slept all day, then Kevin had to work at 7, so I went to see a movie, The Prestige, which was pretty good. Then after 3 long nice days off I returned home to the crazziness, no it wasnt that bad...
All in all it was a great xmas, but it will be nice to get back to a snowy one at some point.
My plans for new years are to go see the fire works from the bridge, which should be good, check out the link for more info on it...
http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/nye/default.html
As for saving my money, I really only have about 3 more weeks with the Galpers here in Sydney, then hopefully (the plan keeps on changing I know) but hopefully me and kev will have found a car by then, and we will leave Sydney around Feb 1st! The plan is to head down to Canberra and hang with Kevins friend for a couple days, then head 6 hours west (inland) to a town called Mulldura. We plan on staying there for a month or so fruit picking and saving more dollars for the rest of our trip...Kevin i think we should enter you in as many competions we can find ( I get 50 % profit, being your booky!!)
Well thats where I stand as of whatever day it is today!
Luv ya guys
Shawna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too Shawna!!! Hope your having a great time down there (sounds like you are). Cool pics, I miss you.
Bobby